Sunday, December 4, 2011

New and Exciting Retirement? A Pecan Orchard in Arizona










Un-benownst to us; we would never of dreamed that this winter would lead John and I to Arizona. Elfrida, the small town that most would'nt write home about. But a great town of nice people, hard working farmers and of course all trades. Down to earth great people.

The Lord brought us here and it's even surprising to us.

We have about 110 Pecan trees. Not anything compared to most of the Pecan farmers around us. But enough nuts that we have to do something with them and get them harvested. I will try and post the process and we enter into it. It's a great way for John and I to do something together; be out in the fresh air, live where it is warmer (although today it is about 37 degrees outside; and to day by day let the good Lord show us how to serve Him.
As we speak; John is on the tractor with the "Dump Wagon" honking for me to get out there and help him... I'll post more as I have the time. Enjoy your day and remember; staying close to Jesus is the key to happiness amidst the trials and challenges of these times we are living in.

Talk soon, Jan ( and John)

No comments:

Post a Comment